the wonderful world of veena.

08 September 2014

veen on the road: the blue ridge parkway.

I already wrote about my drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway - I was so excited about it that I couldn't wait - but even 6 weeks after the fact, it remains one of my favourite memories from my time on the road.

From the curves to the trees to the mountains to the views, that day and that stretch of highway remain firmly imprinted in my mind. When I finally uploaded my pictures to my computer and looked through the ones I took that day, I kept repeating the word "Wow" over and over in my head, because I could remember what it looked like in real life, what it felt like to stand in those spots, feeling the sun on my shoulders and the wind in my hair and gazing out forever and ever. I could remember the sheer magnificence of it, and it was a great feeling.

These photographs can never do justice to what it's like to stand on one of those overlooks and take in the view, but I hope they can serve as a kind of substitute today.

































One day, hopefully very soon, I will be back there. And once I am, I might never leave.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment